Tenant Information & Fees
At Trivett Hicks our friendly and professional team are here to help guide tenants and landlords through our rental process. We pride ourselves on our local and expert knowledge as well as having a clear and fair fee structure.
Here at Trivett Hicks we aim to find you as the tenant not just a house but a home to call your own, we believe that renting a property is no reason to accept anything less than perfection.
We have a dedicated team available to assist you with any queries or questions you may have surrounding the rental process, issues during your tenancy or maintenance issues at the property.
Lettings Registration Form
If you would like Trivett Hicks to find you your perfect property to let, please download our Lettings Registration Form and drop a copy into one of our offices, post, or email.
53 Broad Street
10 St Peters Street
Our 3 Step Process
1. Reservation Fee
A reservation fee of £50 (£60 incl. VAT) per applicant is payable in order for us to process your application for a property. This fee will also place a hold on the property whilst references are being taken. The same fee applies to a Guarantor, if required. These fees are non-refundable if the applicant fails a right to rent check, provides false or misleading information that affects the referencing outcome or changes their mind/fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement.
2. Administration Fee
Following a successful reference application, an administration fee of £150 (£180 incl. VAT) is payable per property for the tenancy agreement to be arranged. At this point we will arrange a convenient time for you to come and fill out the essential tenancy paperwork.
3. Deposit & Rent
Following the tenancy sign up a deposit equivalent to 1 and a half times the monthly rent and the first month’s rent is payable prior to or on the tenancy start date. Upon cleared payment you will be able to have the keys to your new home!
General terms and conditions for our rental process
- All applicants and guarantors will need to provide a valid and current form of photographic ID
- Please note that submitting an application does not automatically mean you will be accepted for the property, the registration form will be passed to the landlord for final approval.
- If your reference application is declined due to the omission or falsifying of information on the reference form the reference fee is non-refundable.
- A deposit will be required equivalent to one and a half months rent (unless stated otherwise) together with the first months’ rent in advance. These will need to be cleared funds on or before the commencement of the tenancy before keys can be released. If these funds are not received on time for any reason i.e; returned cheque a handling charge of £10 (plus Vat) will be made. N.B: We are unable to control standing orders, instructions to your bank must and can only be given by you.
- If a guarantor is required an additional fee of £50 (£60 incl. VAT) is applicable.
- Rent is exclusive of outgoings i.e; Gas, electric, water, council tax, utility bills etc.
- Please note that all Assured Shorthold Tenancies are for a minimum period of six months, following this, the tenancy will go on to one month rolling contract.
- If you are considering sharing a property please note that all parties named on the Tenancy Agreement are jointly and severally liable to comply with the stated terms within the tenancy agreement.
- Some of our clients do have specific requirements e.g. non-smokers, no pets. Please check prior to viewing that you would be eligible for the property concerned.
- Applications from persons under the age of 18 will not be considered.
- It is a condition of any tenancy that the tenants take out contents insurance.
- Administrative charges may be charged as necessary at different times throughout the course of a tenancy or following the end of the tenancy where additional work is created, such as; chasing rent arrears, unsatisfactory rental inspections or collecting post. This is not an exhaustive list and potential charges will be notified if applicable.
- Applicants must have been living and working in the UK continuously for a minimum of 12 months
If you have any questions about our terms and conditions please feel free to contact us direct.